I had quite a bit of fun with this logo for ‘Fancy Pants Party Bags‘… I might even order some for my children’s upcoming birthdays :)… and yes, it was another free logo design!
So, how did I come up with this design? Well, this week’s ‘Lucky Dipper’ asked for their logo to tick the following boxes:
- Contains an image of a party bag – see website for examples of my products.
- Needs to work with the colour and style of my banner and website. It would replace the oval shaped logo on the left hand side.
- Include text “Fancy Pants Party Bags”.
- Style should be modern, cute, boutique (my target market time-poor parents that want something extra special for their children).
The first requirement was way too hard – have you tried drawing a semi-transparent organza bag filled with goodies into a logo recently? Waaaaayyyyy too busy.
The rest of the requirements I kind of just glossed over (and that’s part of the Lucky Dip fun, you never know what you’ll get!)
Pretty much straight away I knew I wanted to achieve two things with this logo:
- Make the connection to the product by using their trademark little bows as an icon in the logo
- Include a literal depiction of the words ‘fancy pants’
Lucky for me the bows with the stitching almost immediately made me think of a pair of pants and it didn’t take too long to come up with the idea to add some cute little shoes to help make the connection.
I think it works – how about you?
Like it or not? Let me know using the social media buttons below and tell your friends about Lucky Dip Design!
Hi how do i enter the lucky dip?
Eventually I’ll add a form for people to enter the lucky dip, but for now you can leave a comment on the facebook page, send a message on twitter or post a comment here.